Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lubrication

Seriously. For any new mom, you may be shocked to find things don't quite work out the same in the sex department. Especially if you are breastfeeding.

After the baby, I knew I needed something for the first PPC - postpartum coitus. I was scared to death. I bought the large bottle of KY Silky Sensations... and hated it. Too sticky. Weird smell. Too slick.

For awhile, my sister and I were on a practical joke kick. She signed me up for free condoms from Trojan, I signed her up for every pamphlet on genital warts I could find. One day, courtesy of my sister, I received a sample of Astroglide in the mail. Hmmm... tried it. Loved it. Loved it so much, I went out and bought the big bottle and the travel size bottle. And one for my sister :)

So here's why I like it:
  • It has the perfect amount of "slickness." Not too watery, not too sticky.
  • It seems to wear off after a little while, which is good when your own body kicks in.
  • It has a barely there flavor, almost like strawberries. Not overpowering and not unpleasant.
  • It doesn't take much to get going. Just a few drops for him, a few drops for you and you're there.

Interestingly enough, my husband pointed out that my labor and delivery nurse used it on me during the birth of our baby. If it works good enough to get a baby's head out of the canal, then... well, you figure it out.

No comments: